Saturday, May 10, 2014

An interesting week


It's been an interesting two weeks


Sometimes, there are just so many things occurring that the camera click keeps going. And as I haven't posted for two weeks now, I'll be including some interesting pictures I took over the last two weeks.

I think one of my favourite pictures is of the Temple in the sky taken from my lounge. I was amazed at how much it resembled the Dwarkadheesh Temple in Gujarat dedicated to Lord Krishna.




Rainbows are so magical. They always leave me feeling happy. I think of them as blessings from Heaven. This one appeared on Monday as I left for home from work. Just about everyone stopped to take a picture. Thank goodness for phones that now have good cameras. 



Usually I can only see the river through the railings but last weekend my friend's land rover gave me quite a different view. And luckily there was a bit of traffic and we stopped plumb in front of it. So of course out came my phone and here is the picture I took. 



The Farmer's Market is such an interesting place. There's always something that jumps out at us. Last Saturday we were greeted by this scene. It looked so cute surveying the scene that I had to stop and take a picture. 


And then we had a Samoan band and dance troupe entertaining the crowds. 


But I liked the drum the best.


Linking to:
Six Word Saturday
Sunday's In My City
Our World Tuesday
Thursday Challenge - "MUSICAL" (Singing, Dancing, Playing an Instrument, Band,...)





Follow me via my facebook page Suzy's Ilation

Photobucket

42 comments:

  1. Lovely work, this; I esp liked the sky/temple pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great captures, of lovely places and the memories of your visit will live on. The bird on the roof of the car is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I thought he was so cute. Luckily he posed for the camera and didn't fly away.

      Delete
  3. I love rainbows and your pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Retired Not Tired. Glad you liked my pics.

      Delete
  4. Camera Phones captures the best moments. Thank God for them. That Rainbow is amazing. Lovely collection Suzy. Loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyothi. Yes thank God for phone cameras. Don't know what I'd do without one.

      Delete
  5. Rainbow one became my instant favorite! A perfect click!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to have a Samoan band at your market! And itsn't it amazing that not only do we have cell phones....but that they take amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathe. and thank goodness for cell phone cameras. The Samoan band was very entertaining.

      Delete
  7. oh- and here's my link:
    http://katheworsley.blogspot.com/2014/05/saturday-six-words-and-shadow-shot.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathe for leaving your link. Dropped by and left a comment :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful set of interesting images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all great pictures! I love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonya. It was a beautiful rainbow. I'm just glad the pic came out reasonably well. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  10. I would love to hear that Samoan band.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful captures on a humble cell phone , its amazing the shots you captured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nima. Sometimes they turn out good sometimes not so good. Was glad these turned out good.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks Sanjay and thanks for dropping by my post.

      Delete
  13. Such gorgeous pictures. You are surrounded by so much beauty! I love the tall clouds in the first as well the beautiful rainbows.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci. Glad you liked my pictures. There was lots happening that week.

      Delete
  14. WOW you captured some amazing images! Love the one of the sky best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first picture in particular is really well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wayne. Glad you liked it - my favourite too.

      Delete
  16. I wish my farmer's market had a Samoan band and dance troop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. Yep, it's an interesting place.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Oh no bring on the interesting weeks. Thanks Magical Mystical Teacher.

      Delete
  18. i think that's the first time I've seen a band entertaining the visitors to a farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fun60 - and there's always some band or busker at the one I visit. Great fun watching them. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  19. you kept the word and started photo posting again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that temple in the clouds is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Unknown Mami - it was truly amazing and quite thrilling.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...