Sunday, January 24, 2016

Butterfly

Looking forward to the long weekend

Monday is the Wellington Anniversary holiday hence a long weekend. Looking forward to an extra day at home.

What has that got to do with butterflies? Nothing at all but here is a butterfly painting I did.



“When a caterpillar bursts from its cocoon and discovers it has wings, it does not sit idly, hoping to one day turn back. It flies.”  ― Kelseyleigh Reber

Fragments from my week

I finally started my mixed media art journal. I plan to journal at least once a week, I'm also going to start a watercolour journal. Will share these in future posts.

Started reading The Celestine Prophecy. I had read it many many years ago and enjoyed it back then. Thought I would read it again. Often books read differently on 2nd readings.

I had a long overdue haircut this morning but I think it's got a bit too short - I miss my longer hair :(  I guess it will grow out again in a few weeks.

I hope you all had a good week. Enjoy your weekend.
  
Linking to:
Letter B at ABC Wednesday
Six Word Saturday 
Friday Fragments #30
Wordless Wednesday #115 at Abracadabra


Check out my Daily Thoughts on Pinterest








Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Wonderfull choice for this weeks challenging letter... i love those vulnourable creatures...

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend too ofcourse.


    Have a nice abc-day/-week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use an extra day, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Looking forward to more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that painting, Suzy
    I also dread going for haircuts and my hair is long...but that fear factor cause it's always a flop show for me.

    Pleasure to have you on board, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, beautiful butterfly. (And hair regrows, for some of you...)
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting. I always think of butterflies celebrating new life in a resurrection. I like that quote also. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting. I always think of butterflies celebrating new life in a resurrection. I like that quote also. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an artist! I love the colors of the painting very nice.
    Liesbeth ABC-W Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a super productive way to unleash the creativity within. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. Got inspired by your art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely artwork.Oh yes, books do read differently when you read them a second time and I simply love that experience. Hope you had a great weekend Suzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The artwork is pretty. My weekend seems packed as I have to monitor kids as they prepare for their FAs. Like you, I enjoy re-reading posts as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The artwork is pretty. My weekend seems packed as I have to monitor kids as they prepare for their FAs. Like you, I enjoy re-reading posts as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a beautiful butterfly and that quote is lovely too. Hope you enjoyed your extra holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful painting, Suzy! Vibrant colours! I look forward to more that you share from your mixed media and watercolour journals. My husband read the book The Celestine Prophecy and it seems like I have also read it because he kept sharing passages from it! I did watch the film adaptation of it, not impressed with that though as it all seemed so rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The butterfly looks very pretty, Suzy! You've chosen a beautiful subject! Yes, you are right about books "tasting" different when we read them again. I've experienced that. Some books, however, teach something new each time. I'd love to see your new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That caterpillar quote is something I'll cherish for my lifetime. And you're a very talented artist, Suzy! Look forward to your future creations.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...