Saturday, October 10, 2015


Magnolias look so pretty in bloom

The last month has been a tough one for me. I came down with the flu about 3 weeks ago that I managed to shake off quite quickly and then it came back a week later which I also managed to shake off.

Last week however it came back with a vengeance and knocked me out - unable to eat, no appetite, no energy, no strength. Thank goodness the meds took effect and I'm feeling much better today.

I also finished up at work last week as my contract came to an end. Contrary to what I thought that I would feel anxious about finding more work and work myself into a state of panic, I actually felt relief. I had worked at this place for 3 years and loved every moment of it. One of the best places I ever worked and my managers were some of the best I've had. It was a sad moment saying goodbye. But I think I was just tired and the Universe thought I needed a rest. So a rest I will take for a couple of months. Looking forward to more blogging, catching up with friends, catching up on reading, taking a yoga class, going for walks and spending time with my family.

Anyway, as I was feeling better today and the sun was shining, I went for a stroll in my garden, fed the birds with leftover bread and rice and was thrilled to see the magnolias in bloom. They are such a pretty pink colour and they make me feel happy.  Don't know why but these magnolias always make me think of flamingos.

Pink magnolias symbolise youth, innocence and joy.

Looking forward to embracing my inner child and enjoying my time off.

I hope you had a great week.

Linking to:
Letter M at ABC Wednesday
Six Word Saturday
Friday Fragments
Photo Friday - my favourite location - I have many but my garden is definitely one of them
Wordless Wednesday at Abracadabra

Check out my Daily Thoughts on Pinterest

Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que



  1. Enjoy the rest, and when you're ready, good luck with finding the next job. Magnolias in bloom shout Spring to me, so you must be in the Southern hemisphere.

  2. Sorry you've been unwell with Flu, it can be very nasty and does have a habit of re-appearing, so take care.
    I do love magnolias, my next door neighbour has some that trail over into our garden, so pretty.
    best wishes,
    ABCW team.

  3. Happy to read you're feeling better!

    And for all the plans you've made and will make in the future... all the luck needed but most of all JOY!!

    Have a nice abc-weekend / - day
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)


Please leave a comment to say hi so I know you were here and please leave a link to your post so I can drop by your blog too. Thanks and have an awesome day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...