Saturday, September 29, 2012

This Moment - Reminders

This Moment - Soule Mama
A single photo capturing a moment
A simple, special, extraordinary moment
A moment I want to pause, savour and remember


Today I looked at this tree and felt my dad was here with me.
He loved red flowers.
In Hinduism, we perform many rites for the peace of the departed soul.
One of those rites (feeding the birds) was done near this tree.
Ever since then this tree just flowers beautifully.
I look at this tree often, but today I just felt close to my dad.
That was an endearing moment, one I want to feel and remember forever.


This is the moment
This is the time
When the momentum and the moment
Are in rhyme
Give me this moment
This momentous moment ...
(from Jekyll and Hyde)



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. It does indeed sound like a moment you want to pause, savour and remember! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. A very spiritual moment for me.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Suzy...what a beautiful moment and your story about the tree makes it even more endearing. I'm sure that your father's spirit lives within you and is with you each and every day of your life. But to see something likes this gives added reassurance ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Apologies for the late reply. It sure does. I'm glad that I could feel him - it's so comforting.

      Delete
  3. Wow..what a vibrant red those flowers have! I have heard that red symbolizes healing. I never knew that one of the traditions for a departed soul in Hinduism was to feed birds. What a beautiful gesture. So sorry for the loss of your father. I'm glad that you were able to feel close to him during that moment.
    ~ om shanti shanti shanti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, and apologies for replying so late. I miss my father a lot but I also know he is at peace as whenever I feel him it's a very serene peaceful feeling. Om Shanti Shanti Shanti. Thank you dear friend.

      Delete
  4. What an interesting ritual...so sacred. I didn`t know about it and thank you for sharing.

    Here is my moment: http://nelmitravel.com/2012/09/28/a-moment-in-time-80/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelmitravel. Glad you found it interesting and thanks for dropping by.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...